Kasey and I fished the Sun River again this morning, from the Augusta bridge upstream this time. Kasey only caught 2 fish this outing, while I managed to hook over 8 fish. Above is a pic of my largest fish of the day, a big rainbow.
Antoher pic of my big rainbow...one helluva fight on a 4wt fly rod with a 3.3lb tippet. Needless to say my forearm was burning after this one. I caught a nice 14 in Brown Trout as well, but we did not get a pic of that fish. I lost a fish that was as big or bigger than this one too!
Here is Kasey fishing not far from where we saw a nice mule deer buck.
One of Kasey's small rainbows for the day. Still not bad considering this is only her 3rd time out fly fishing ever.
After fishing we stopped off at the Buckhorn Bar in Augusta for some burgers and some Harvest Moon Belgian White. Got myself a new hat...you should be happy now Mom...cause now I can get rid of my old cougar hat. Kasey and I saw 4 antelope on the drive home as well, 2 bucks and 2 does. One of the bucks was insanely huge!
No comments:
Post a Comment